One best thing you can do to extend the life of an HVAC system is to get a high-quality product from the start. The next best thing you can do is get your HVAC unit tuned up by skilled professionals such as North Port heating and air if you want to enjoy the improved performance of your HVAC system.
HVAC tune-up checklist:
Examining and adjusting the blower motor and belts
- Technicians inspect the blower fan for debris and dust that could reduce its efficiency.
- This fan has two purposes: it draws air through the filter and then pushes chilly air out of the vents.
Inspecting the indoor coil and replacing the air filter
- Cleaning dirt and debris is crucial for HVAC tune-up.
- If dirt and dust get through the filter, they will accumulate on the coil, reducing the efficiency of your system.
- If filters aren’t changed frequently enough, this can happen.
Examine the overflow safety switch
- The overflow safety switch is located on your indoor unit and is in charge of shutting off your system if it detects a clogged condensation line or water that isn’t draining correctly.
- A defective safety switch puts you in danger of a leak, which, if not detected quickly, could cause damage to your home.
Testing of capacitors
- Capacitor is tiny components essential to the overall system’s functionality.
- Your system has roughly three capacitors, and if one of them fails, the entire system will be affected.
- Make sure that all of the capacitors in your system are up to date.
Tightening electrical connections
- All connections must be secure, and no wires should be left hanging.
- It would help to seal the disconnect box with clear silicone on the top and sides.
Inspect the refrigerant charge and any potential leaks
- If your system loses too much refrigerant, you won’t be able to use your system until it’s repaired.
- A professional examines the refrigerant lines for evidence of physical deterioration and repairs them.
Checking the thermostat
- Without a working thermostat, you will have no way to control your AC system.
- Make sure to check the calibration of the thermostats.
Bugs and rodents
- Bugs and rodents prefer making homes in the electrical compartments of air conditioners.
- Check for broken wires or insects such as spiders near electrical connections.
Benefits of HVAC tune-up:
Lowering your energy bills
If your home’s HVAC system is not operating at total efficiency, it will need more energy to heat or cool your house. Frequent maintenance of your HVAC system leads to less energy consumption.
Reduced expenses for repairs
Replace a broken evaporator or frame belt before it creates severe difficulties and costly repairs. Every HVAC system will have issues occasionally, but regular maintenance implies fewer repair issues.
A regular maintenance schedule extends the life of your equipment and minimizes the possibility that you will need to purchase a new HVAC system before you have gotten the most out of an older one.
You can search for an HVAC specialist near me to learn how to prepare for storms all year long. If you have any questions or concerns, Lana’s Air Service would be pleased to assist you. Contact us at 9413032961.